250g minced pork Recommendation: Pork by Plantagenet Pork
3 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 red chilli
50g corn starch
2 shallots, finely diced
5 garlic cloves, minced
20 ginger, minced
3 Japanese eggplant
20g fried shallot
10g bonito flakes
100ml kewpie mayo
- Roast/blister eggplant over a burner.
- Peel eggplants, leaving the whole thing intact.
- In a hot pan, fry off pork with aromats (shallots, garlic, ginger, chilli, coriander stems).
- Season with both of the soy sauces.
- Pick mint and coriander and lay out on a baking sheet to dry in the oven.
- Mix tobiko and mayo.
- Beat eggs, seasoning with sesame oil and soya sauce cornstach and a little of the meat cooking juices.
- In a clean non stick pan, spread eggplant across the whole pan.
- Spread minced pork mixture over the top and pour eggwash over the whole thing.
- Let sit in the pan over moderate to high heat to set the bottom.
- Flip omelette and transfer to the oven to continue cooking.
- Blitz dried herbs.
- Once cooked, let settle for a little while then flip out onto a cutting board or serving platter.
- Garnish with dried herbs, crisp shallots, tobiko mayo and the bonito flakes.